Fair global trade everyone can believe in
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT is the global certifier for Fairtrade International. Among many areas of operation, we mainly offer certification, verification, climate, information and impact services from crop to shelf. Our key customers are disadvantaged producers, such as mid-sized agricultural organizations, peasants and farm-workers, in developing and emerging countries. In the northern hemisphere, we advise and support traders and manufacturers on their comprehensive purchasing activities and complex value supply chain management.
FLOCERT has offices in Bonn, Cape Town, Bangalore and San José. With over 3,500 clients in more than 120 countries, a staff of 90 and over 100 auditors, we are one of the world’s leading social certification and verification bodies, bringing together producers, traders, brands and consumers.
FLOCERT is currently looking for an
Auditor Italy (m/f) for Fairtrade Certification
FLO-CERT is looking for a customer oriented person who is willing to conduct FLO-CERT Fairtrade
audits against the Fairtrade Standards.
- Job Share: Freelance*
- Place of work: Flexible
- Job to be based in Italy (preferred) or in any of the countries in Europe
- Communication language: English
- Payment: According auditors fee agreement
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Training will be provided by FLO-CERT
To carry out FLO-CERT Fairtrade audits against Fairtrade Standards for various products in Italy (and other countries if needed)
- Audits in Italy (and other European countries if needed)
- Audits of traders in the specified countries
- Scheduling of audits as requested by FLO-CERT
- Completion of audit reports, including identification of all relevant non-conformities in a clear
and complete form
- University level education or equivalent professional education in a relevant subject (Economics, Agriculture, Accounting, Food Science, Agronomy, etc.)
- At least 2 years’ experience in auditing (e.g. Fairtrade, organic, ISO 9001:2000, SA8000, ISO 14001, MSC, UTZ, RFA, Financial audits.)
- At minimum 2 years work experience in the region
- Fluent in Italian and English, both oral and written. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage
- Strong commercial skills & excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to be assertive, unbiased and impartial
- High flexibility and motivation to travel in the relevant region
- Motivation for Fairtrade
“Nice to have”
- Business experience
- Experience in working with small producer organizations, manufacturers/processors, exporters
- Technical knowledge of the products: Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar, Fruits, Spices etc.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following certification schemes: Fairtrade, Organic, MSC, UTZ, RFA, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001
*All auditors of FLO-CERT have to be free of any commercial or other interests which could possibly influence, or be seen to influence their motivation to always act in the best interest of FLO-CERT, and would hence have to sign a declaration.
How to apply
Please send your application in English (CV, motivation letter) with qualification certificates and pay indication as well as earliest start date via our website: www.flocert.net/about-us/work-for-us/latest-jobs/
Deadline for applications: 30th April 2017
Please kindly note, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.