IMPORTANT:This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
The Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES), a nationally recognized leader in environmental education for people of all ages, seeks a Director for Rock Bottom Ranch (RBR), the agricultural hub of ACES. Based in Basalt, Colorado, RBR is dedicated to environmental education, sustainable agriculture, and wildlands stewardship.
Job Description: RBR Director is a full-time salaried position commensurate with experience and education. The position includes excellent benefits and housing. The RBR Director will report to ACES Executive Director and will oversee all RBR operations, structures, land, programs, and staff. S/he will be responsible for implementing, evaluating and refining RBR’s core programs, operations, and agricultural activities while fulfilling RBR’s mission.
• Recruit, coach, empower, lead, and evaluate RBR’s staff. • Manage RBR operations, agricultural and wildlands practices, and budget.
• Work with ACES’ Education Director and Naturalist Field School Director to maintain and expand programming.
• Generate fundraising and earned income opportunities to support existing and future program operations and staffing levels.
• Oversee maintenance and improvements to all structures and lands on the 113-acre property.
• Create and maintain partnerships with regional schools, the agricultural and local food community, and other organizations.
Desired traits include but are not limited to:
• Excellent management, leadership, and communication skills. • Ability to inspire and empower others.
• Experience training, supervising, and evaluating a staff. • Experience directing a ranch, school, organization, or program • The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree in a related field and 7 or more years of relevant experience in management, environmental education, agriculture, and ecosystem stewardship.