Parsons Brinckerhoff is providing Program Management services for the California High-Speed Rail Project (CHSTP). This multi-billion dollar project will plan, design and construct an 800 mile high-speed rail passenger service, which will run from Sacramento in the North and San Diego in the South, with major interchange hubs in between, including San Francisco and Los Angeles. This will be the first, true high-speed rail project in America, with trains operating at up to 220 mph.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Environmental Specialist to provide oversight of all the environmental processes on CHSTP in Sacramento, reporting directly to the Environmental Manager for the entire project.
- Fulfill the role of Deputy Program Manager on the Program Management Team (PMT), and act as the Environmental Manager in their absence.
- Assist the Environmental Manager with oversight of the environmental efforts of the Regional Consultants and their products, and with the review all environmental submissions for quality and adherence to established standards.
- Assist with the Environmental Manager with interfaces within the PMT.
- Assist the Environmental Manager in providing the primary client contact with the California High-Speed Rail Authority, the Federal Railroad Administration, Attorney General staff, resources agencies and others for environmental-related issues.
- Manage environmental staff including Senior Environmental Planners and Assistant Environmental Planners, including their scope, schedule and budget, and ensure that quality control procedures are followed.