IMPORTANT: This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Network Operations plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day. Our business units – ‘routes’ – work closely with our customers, and are accountable for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway.
The purpose of this role is to provide environmental expertise for the route, and provide support and guidance to enable the environment management system to be integrated into the route teams to deliver legislative compliance.
- Undertaking a range of Ecological field surveys, including protected species surveys and extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys.
- Writing up survey results, and mapping target notes.
- Liaising with Environmental Specialist’s and the Arboriculture team on results of surveys and agreeing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Data analysis, as well as assisting with preparing reports to a high technical standard and within deadlines.
- Assisting in the production of Environmental Appraisal Reports and liaison with statutory authorities.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Comprehensive field experience
- A relevant higher degree in Ecology, Zoology, Biological Sciences or other relevant Environmental Sciences
- Good understanding of UK and European wildlife legislation and best practice guidance experience
- Be able to identify baseline Ecological constraints during site visits
- Have significant experience of standard survey protocols and methodologies
- Ability to complete rare species surveys
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Task orientated team player
- Strong report writing skills
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
- Full/associate/graduate membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) (depending on experience)
- Experience attending client meetings and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving licence
To apply, please click here
Closing date: 20 January 2017.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.